Thursday, April 2, 2015

Review: Yours Tonight


Yours Tonight
Yours Tonight by Joya Ryan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Yours Tonight…

It’s an intense novel that will grasp your soul from the very beginning! And it will certainly cause strong emotions.

I believe this is one of those books a reader either likes a lot or dislikes. Personally I feel very conflicted about it. It isn’t that I didn’t like it, but I did find many similarities between it and other high-profile books - I wouldn’t like to name them-. Sometimes, it felt like I were reading other, similar books and not Yours Tonight. Of course, there is no theft involved, but I saw and felt many similarities. I will read the entire series, because the story is good, emotional, intense, intriguing and sexy. However, it is not mindblowing and something amazing, judging by the story only. Joya’s writing was more than just good.

The story had a nice flow and an unpredictable characters, while remaining at the typical route. The characters were nicely developed and I loved the fact that the two main characters evolved through and with each other. I found it very satisfactory. I enjoy watching people growing and becoming stronger.

Our main character, Lana, suffered from two tragedies, a violent crime and then ignorance of that. What happened to her is completely unacceptable and I cannot even begin to fathom how such instances can be unfortunately real. Beyond that, Lana still wanted to be accepted, to be loved, to be believed. On the one hand, I understand that. On the other hand, once you see that someone is bad for you and generally a bad person, you should get away from that. Although it can be hard, it is the right choice for you and the quality of your life. Lana did not do that, and while I understand her, I do not praise her.

Jack, on the other hand, is a mystery I think we will solve in the third book….That man’s middle name should be mystery. I am not kidding you!!

There are so many different, small paths the story has that makes it truly intense and pleasingly hard to keep up with.

We don’t have any answers.

We haven’t seen much.

One thing is for certain.
Lana is strong. She just got stronger. The only thing left is for her to see her strength and own it.

A person doesn’t make who you are. They help you become it.

So, Yours Tonight receives 4.5 Thrilling Stars, because even though it is a very good, complicated and intriguing sexy love-story, it is not very original.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frequently Auto-Approved by Publishers
Mia's Point Of View

Mia's Point Of View

Official Fifty

NetGalley


Mia's Point Of View

InkSlingerPR

Enticing Journey Book Promotions

AToMR Tours

Book Enthusiast Promotions




romcon badge



Follow on Bloglovin

Mia's Point Of View


Grab Me
Mia's Point Of View