Saturday, August 9, 2014

Review: Promises Hurt


Promises Hurt
Promises Hurt by Elle Brooks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book was Love at first sight for me. I read the Synopsis, some phrases from the book included in a review and then an excerpt. And that was it. I had to read it. And I had to read at that moment and not a moment later.

Promises Hurt is one of the best books I’ve read in a while and in my opinion, it’s a candidate for the best book of the year.

It’s a unique blend of tragedy and drama, and hilarious and romantic moments.

Blair is absolutely amazing! She’s feisty and doesn’t take crap from anybody, even though she’s on the shy side. She speaks her mind and rolls with it. She’s sweet and one of the best characters I’ve read about..

Ethan is just oh my...I’m definitely on Em’s side.. :) He’s just so Ethan..He’s sexy, but also a total sweetheart when it comes to Blair. His “awkward” moments were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I laughed so much with his lines at some points..I’m still laughing when I think of them..

And oh well, I love when a girl makes the guy lose it..What can I say? I totally love it..

We watch 2 people fall in love with each other, almost instantly..But we also watch them live their own personal hell…

Promises Hurt isn’t a mere sweet romantic story..It’s a real love story, as real as it can get anyway..

I love everything about it - the story - the characters -the writing -the dual POV….

I JUST LOVE THIS BOOK!! 5 STARS AREN’T ENOUGH!

PS
Did I mention that this is the author's debut? Forgotten Promises is coming out in November!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frequently Auto-Approved by Publishers
Mia's Point Of View

Mia's Point Of View

Official Fifty

NetGalley


Mia's Point Of View

InkSlingerPR

Enticing Journey Book Promotions

AToMR Tours

Book Enthusiast Promotions




romcon badge



Follow on Bloglovin

Mia's Point Of View


Grab Me
Mia's Point Of View